Today is World Kindness Day. It is actually a great way to remind ourselves to practice more kindness – after all, we can all do with more of that! Being kind to others creates a virtuous cycle which leads to improving the quality of life of all those you come across, including yourself, so it is a great thing to do.
In case you need ideas for how you can spread some kindness and joy today, and do so easily, check out the five ideas below.
Here are 5 easy ways to practice kindness:
1. Pay for someone’s meal/coffee: A really easy way to spread kindness and joy, and make someone’s day, is to pay for someone’s meal or coffee. You can do this with a friend or family member, or (if you’re feeling a bit brave) for a random stranger. This will make you feel good and really make his/her day. Give it a shot, see how it spreads the kindness around.
2. Donate to a worthy charity: Another really easy way to spread kindness and joy is to donate to a charitable organisation. You can donate to your favourite organisation, or to one which is involved with a cause you feel strongly about – there are lots of worthy causes and charitable organisations that need our help so finding one won’t really be a challenge. But here is one thing to keep in mind – not every charitable organisation is the same, so do some homework before you decide who to donate to. At the end of the day, if the majority of your donation goes towards activities that aren’t directly helping the cause or people in need, it won’t really make a lot of difference. It’s your hard earned money, so choose wisely.
3. Smile: Have you ever noticed how coming across a smiling person makes you feel good? You can do the same for others by smiling. It is a really easy and simple thing to do, but can make a big difference in lifting other people’s spirits. Talk about a great (and easy) way to spread kindness, especially on the World Kindness Day. Smile at the people you meet today. Better even, smile at everyone! It might feel a bit awkward (strange even), but it will improve everyone’s day (including yours).
4. Complement someone: When was the last time you got a complement? Now think about how it felt. Good right? A complement, especially a genuine one, can really lift our spirits. So why not give someone a complement today? It is a really easy way to spread kindness and joy, and is a really nice thing to do. Just remember to give a genuine complement, not a fake one. There’s a big difference between the two.
5. Forgive people for small transgressions: If you are around people (few aren’t), it’s highly likely that someone might do something that will annoy or agitate you. Here’s something you can do today to spread kindness and joy when you feel those emotions – forgive them. It’s a nice thing to do, and can be a great way to spread some kindness and joy on this day.
The World Kindness Day is a great way to remind ourselves to be kind. They said, kindness is great habit, one that improves not just the lives of others but that of yours too. Practicing kindness has lots of benefits, and makes the world a better place. So use today as a starting point, and work on creating a habit out of it.
Try it out for at least 30 days, and see how it impacts your life, and those of the people you come in contact with.
Make the world a better place with your actions. Practice kindness.
Do you have any ideas or tips on easy ways to spread kindness and joy? Share your tips and suggestions in the comments section below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!