Maintaining a good blood pressure is important – nearly everyone knows that. But did you know that your blood pressure affects the health of your brain as well?
How blood pressure affects our brain health
So how does high blood pressure affect our brain?
This is how:
- When our blood pressure gets high, it causes the narrowing of the blood vessels in our brains, which can cause (and usually does) damage the brain.
- If high blood pressure continues for a long time, it can actually cause the blood vessels to block or even rapture!
- This, in turn, can severely impact speech, thinking, and even memory.
- High blood pressure can even cause instances of confusion and reduced comprehension as a result of the damage it causes to the blood vessels in the brain.
What can you do about it?
So high blood pressure impacts our brain health pretty badly. It’s scary actually. But here’s the good news – it doesn’t take much to prevent or lower such risks.
Small changes like eating healthy, being more active, managing and reducing stress goes a very long way to minimise such dangers.
Those small habits and changes make a big difference to not just your fitness and overall health but will also improve your brain health.
By the way, if you need some help with managing your stress, check out these five articles:
- Benefits of Mindfulness – Here Are Thirty Reasons Why You Need To Practice Mindfulness
- Dealing With the January Blues – 8 Tips to Beat the January Blues, and Start the Year Strong
- Why Suffering in Silence is Bad For You
- How To Deal With Negative Thoughts: The Definitive Guide
- Are You a Prisoner Of Your Past?
Take care of your blood pressure, as it can impact a lot.
Let us know in the comments what you think and if you have any additional tips.
If you enjoyed this post please share!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?