Living with other people isn’t always easy – nearly always it brings with it a set of compromises, and often, annoyances. Depending on who you live with, some experience more of these annoyances than others.
As it turns out, there are some habits that most people consider to be annoying.
According to a latest poll, commissioned by Privilege Home Insurance, these are some of the most annoying habits of the people we live with (including both family members and housemates):
- Poor bathroom habit (namely, weeing on the toilet seat) – 44 percent of the participants claimed this as a major source of annoyance
- Leaving the lights on – 42 percent of the participants claimed this to be a really annoying habit
- Not clearing up after themselves – 42 percent of the participants claimed this to be a major bugbear
- Leaving the tap running – 38 percent of the participants got agitated by this
- Leaving dirty washing on the floor – 35 percent of the participants claimed this to be a major source of agitation
- Not doing the washing up – 26 percent of the participants were unhappy about this habit
- Looking at a screen while trying to conversation – 24 percent of the participants cited this as a major source of annoyance
Poor bathroom habit is the most annoying habit of them all, according to 44% of participants
Here are some of the other findings of the poll:
- 32 percent (almost a third) of the participants claimed that they were happiest when they were home alone
- 19 percent (almost one fifth) of the participants confessed that they have considered booking a hotel to get some peace and quiet
- Saturday was found to be the most annoying day
Almost one-fifth of people considered booking a hotel to get some peace and quiet!
Doing your part
Living with other people can be challenging, but we can all do our part to make the experience better.
The above list of annoying habits, in fact, is a great place to start. Want to make things easier for yourself? Avoid the seven habits mentioned in the list.
Avoiding those seven annoying habits is a great way to make life easier for everyone living in the place – not just of the people you live with, but also your own quality of life.
A bit of compassion and thoughtfulness really does go a long way.
A bit of compassion and thoughtfulness goes a long way
How about you – what tops your list of annoying habits? Which habits of the people you live with do you find the most annoying?
Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?