Check out these 35 great quotes about change – they will help you grasp this vital and unavoidable truth of life, as well as help you deal with changes more effectively and with more wisdom and insight.
35 Quotes about Change:
- “There is nothing permanent except change.” – Heraclitus
- “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” – Mary Shelley
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change” – Albert Einstein
- “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan W. Watts
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” -Oprah Winfrey
- “Change, like healing, takes time.” – Veronica Roth
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Life is about change. Sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s beautiful. But most of the time, it’s both.” – Lana Lang
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” -Socrates
- “Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past and present are certain to miss the future” -John F. Kennedy
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
- “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” -Walt Disney
- “Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett
- “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
- “Small changes eventually add up to huge results.” – Unknown
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Walter Isaacson
- “Don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one.” – Unknown
- “Worrying about something you can’t change will forever be the biggest waste of your time.” – Unknown
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
- “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
- “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
- “When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.” – Andy Warhol
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.” – R. Buckminister Fuller
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
- “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference” – Reinhold Niebuhr / Serenity Prayer
Which of these quotes about change resonated with you the most?
Do you have any quotes about change that you think should be on this list?
Let us know in the comments what you think and if you have any additional suggestions or thoughts.
If you enjoyed this post, please share!
— Don’t forget to share this post! —
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!